New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Help on how to populate a chartlist with US ETFs

I see how to add stock groups to a new chartlist but don't see how to add US ETFs. Can anyone help me?

Best Answer

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    Not as easy as it might seem.

You want to create list(s) from your scan results, but there are more than 999 etfs, so you can't get them all with one scan because 999 is the limit on scan results. The second problem is, a list can hold only a maximum of 500 symbols, so you will need more than one list.

I would suggest the following:

Run the first two lines of the scan below. It will give you 999 results. Look at the names of the ETFs. Usually the name will include the fund sponsor, like "iShares". So put all the ishares funds in one list. To do that, delete the // from in front of the next line. Another sponsor is Wisdom Tree, so add the // back in front of the ishares line, and remove the // (hash marks) from the wisdom line.

If you see others you want, add those lines and run them.

Or you could do it by some other key word in place of 'iShares' or 'Wisdom', e.g. Gold, Silver, Precious Metals, Income, High Yield, etc.

[[exchange is NYSE] or [exchange is NASD] or [exchange is AMEX]]
    and [group is ETFNOUI]
    //and [name CONTAINS 'iShares']
    //and [name contains 'Wisdom']

Answers

• Options
    Mark, thanks for your help. You were very kind to do so. Best and Happy Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Mark. Thanks for your help. Very helpful. I got what I need done. Thanks again.