New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

donchian channel and awesome oscillator

I was trying to find out if stockcharts had donchian channel and awesome oscillator on there stockchart site, if they do not could I get a third party vendor. I'm a TD Ameritrade member and I want to switch over.

Comments

• Stockcharts has an indicator they call Price Channels, which seems to be identical to Donchian channels.

They don't have the Awesome Oscillator. But, my guess is MACD or PPO with similar settings would work as well. the main difference seems to be the AO uses the mid-point, while MACD and PPO use the close. Over time, it probably doesn't matter that much - although I've looked at it closely enough to say for sure.
  • Pretty much, the unique things I see on TDA that aren't on SC is the Revenue and Rolling EPS overlays. Other than that, pretty much everything else is on SC in some shape, form or different name. I find TDA and TOS to be less impressive compared to Stockcharts.
  • CORRECTION re AO vs MACD, PPO

Over time, it probably doesn't matter that much - although I HAVEN'T looked at it closely enough to say for sure.