New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Code for Higher Price

How would I create a code to include the criteria that the last three days were up in price?

Comments

• You can use the Streak Up( ) function, explained here (very bottom of the page):

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=scans:functions

• Thanks. What about a criteria to only scan for stocks in the S&P 500 Index only?
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Lower right in the Advanced Scan Workbench is a Dropdown for Indexes & ETFs. Select the SP500 from that list.

SP500 would be, what I call, a universe criteria. A universe criteria is how you establish what group or groups that the rest of the scan will apply to. So you could put, Exchange is Nasdaq and the market cap is above X and market cap is below Y. And it's up 3 days in a row, and the Fast Stoch is > 3 days ago Fast Stoch and RSI >60 and..... Each criteria narrows the Universe.

In your case you would be saying that it's got to be in the SP500 and the price is up 3 days in a row, so make sure your scan is in that order.

1. Universe(s)
    2. Technical or other selection criteria that narrow down the Universe

The scan engine handles things better that way, in my experience.