New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Public Chart List

When I update my public chart list often times I see %27 instead of what I intended to type. I see the same thing in other public lists occassionally. Do you happen to know why my keyboard choses %27 from time to time?

Comments

• I think it's got something to do with updates of the site. I see that %27 thing as well. It's probably a site language conversion in between limbo. I see lower case letters on my lists, from time to time, where the Summary View where the Links column is.

Once the updates are completed, the views revert back to normal.
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2020
    In the ASCII character set, %27 is an apostrophe ' . Many programming languages use ASCII codes to display text to the screen, or write to files like documents, etc. Some languages require syntax to tell the processor an ascii code is coming. If there is a mistake in the syntax (which can be introduced randomly by a corrupted transmission or file or a bad read/write from the disk), the conversion from code to letter or symbol doesn't occur or gets garbled.
  • Yes, it happens when I try to use an apostrophe. Thanks
  • So far, it seems to be fine if I eliminate apostrophe's. Thanks