New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Pre and After Real Time quotes on StockCharts

I've asked, would like to know if others have and would like to have them added and what's the reason SC
doesn't offer them. Thanks

Comments

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    I haven't asked as they are not important to my current system, but I believe they show in Symbol Summary during the appropriate time period, and you can see them plotted on the chart using intraday time frame I believe.

From StockCharts Help:
    Extended Hours Data
    For many US symbols, we offer extended hours trading data. For US markets, after-hours trading data covers the 4 hours after market close (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Eastern time); and pre-market data covers the 5.5 hours prior to the market opening for the day (4:00 AM - 9:30 AM Eastern time).

Pre-market and after-hours price quotes are available on the Symbol Summary page during pre- and post-market trading sessions.

In addition, extended hours data can be charted on both SharpCharts and StockChartsACP charts. Check the Extended Hours checkbox in the Chart Attributes section of the SharpCharts Workbench, or on the Chart Settings panel in StockChartsACP. When this box is checked, extended hours bars will be added to your intraday chart in color-coded sections (purple for after-hours, blue for pre-market) if extended hours data is available for that symbol.

Note that securities are generally more thinly-traded during pre-market and after-hours sessions than during regular market hours. Extended hours price bars will only be shown if there has been trading activity during the timeframe of that bar. Volume data and volume-based indicators are not available for any extended hours bars.

Historical pre-market and after-hours data is available going back approximately three trading days.
  • I use the Symbol Summary page for a list. Setting the time period for 15 second refresh shows the change from the last time period in which there was a difference. The close, change, % change columns flash red or green.