New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Bainbridge release

lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
They changed the look of the Edit in ChartLists.

Comments

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭

Chip says "Feel free to let us know which features you like the most and, as always, also let us know what you'd like to see us add next. And speaking of adding more things, rest assured that we are already hard at work on our next big release - codenamed "Camano" - which should be out before the end of the year. More on that later."

submit your requests to support using https://stockcharts.com/support/techsupport.html so they can know what you'd like to see them address.

Of course you can feel free to submit a request, did anyone here submit any requests that were released in Bainbridge?

"A ton of different features" and a "whole bunch of different options" and it's "super easy"

about 14 minutes in and he finally gets around to actually showing what to do on this exciting new Bainbridge release. I still think he is unwatchable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp6tgd-ebbU
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited July 2022
    Agree. Let the features sell themselves. With many of the videos, not just Grayson's, far too much chit-chat and poor pacing. Don't wing it, GET TO THE POINT. Have a script if you need it and stick to it. In fact, the old tried and true format - here's what I'm going to say (introduction), here's what I'm saying (content), this is what I just said (summary) - would be TERRIFIC. And it's ok to make a SHORT video. In fact a short, to the point video is GREAT. It's not college - you don't have to fluff it up to 10 pages when you only have two.
  • TOTALLY AGREE ..... ALL the Stockcharts videos have MASSIVE, USELESS introductions. I always fast forward about 2 minutes to skip them. My time is too valuable to waste on graphics and shit chat.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    @azb, you have to give the hosts a brief opportunity for introduction and promotion, but Grayson takes the intro to a whole new level.

I don't know why he thinks that "we" want to be like him. Oh that's what you use and how you use it? Every single day? Thanks for sharing.

The listed changes in Bainbridge

"Chart Panels row puts your most important charts on your dashboard" They added the ability to show a chart or 3 on the home page, at a point you have to scroll down to. MY most important charts apparently are not more important to their programmers. They could have just added a user defined option in the Market Movers/SCTR Reports/DP indicators/Sector Summary panels. Nope, that'd be too slick. Good news is that you can use PnF charts here.

"Redesigned Edit View to streamline your charlist management" We moved the controls from the bottom of the list to the top.

"Five New intraday chart periods" I'm positive this is useful but you can't scan on it, nor sort on it so....

"See Price Alerts... in ACP" Another thing that is not in the SharpCharts system.

"Intraday RRG Charts let you dig deeper into key market rotations" A lesser used part of the system is now even more noisy.

"And those are just the BIGGEST ONES"

12 more listed changes

For ALL and/or SharpCharts users.

Redesigned Your Account page, Paypal, Venmo and ACH payment options, Chat Support now available, Market Status (open or closed) on your dashboard, Earnings dates in Summary View.

For ACP ONLY
    Click to set Horizontal Lines, Custom Range options (already on SharpCharts), Positive offsets on many indicator overlays (already on SharpCharts) , Custom WICKS and OUTLINES on candlesticks, more OHLC and HLC bar thicknesses, improved drag and drop functionality, inverted charts (already on SharpCharts)

So, as you can see, they are really digging in and improving the SharpCharts platform. THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!!

Chip says, keep those suggestions coming, as they are already hard at work on the next release, called Camano. You wouldn't want to be left out of that one as it appears that is it for the this year. But, don't despair. The releases are now being done using alpabetical references so we can all keep track of them. Alki and Bainbridge are in the books.

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Anyone else get the quick flashing header icons in EDIT when you scroll down past the top of the chartlist showing and before you have the bottom of the list showing. They flash on my screen in that situation.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Grayson's just doesn't appear to be comfortable with the subject matter. I think that is where the disconnect is. Has anyone ever seen him present something where you felt he was in his zone?

https://www.stockchartstv.com/videos/07-29-22-scif

Just fyi, I don't find the changes to Edit View as much of an improvement, other than being able to sort on notes, but you can't save in that order without changing the name.

If they were to add the notes to available columns in the Summary view it may be worthwhile. I use notes a "ton" but not on StockCharts as they only attach the note to the symbol in the chartlist. It helps a "ton" if they could attach the note to the symbol and it would stick with the symbol, whatever list it's in. Now THAT is very helpful.
  • Grayson needs to be pumping out something "new" every week. That is the expectation he set for himpself

The Edit changes are minor formatting. Nothing more.

Many of the newer changes the past few months have been "nice to have" changes. And, yes, they are nice to have.

There are a million different trading styles and systems. I would like to see more development in this area. Perhaps SC is building a little too much to Grayson's style and system. Or, perhaps not. Someone has to lead. Grayson would likely make a fantastic used car salesman, but overall, if you look beyond his spinning verbage, he has overall been a stable and positive force.

Except for the WILD foray into the ACP program, plugins, and brokerage, the SC original platform has been quite stable. For that reason, I'd give the SC team an overall nice grade.
  • I'm certainly grateful for any changes that are improvements.

Here's one that they haven't mastered yet. In ACP they added Earnings Dates to the "Events" overlay. Somehow they haven't been able to add that to the SharpCharts Events. You have Events overlay in Sharpcharts. It basically shows Dividend, and Splits. Just like ACP did. These are Date driven data that it plots. They display that Date driven data in the Symbol Summary in SharpCharts. For some reason, they have the data in the database, but only add the Earnings Dates to the ACP "Events". It just seems odd, for a team focused on improvements to all systems, to only make something pretty simple not available on both.

I don't think that Grayson leads the Tech side. His position touches on most aspects of the business. He got the job with minimal experience. https://www.linkedin.com/in/graysonroze/

Chip is still President, and Founder, and has a tech background.

https://stockcharts.com/articles/chipanderson/about.html
  • They did add the Earnings dates both last and next dates to the Chartlist Summary view. Seems like adding it into the Events is possible in SharpCharts