New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Adding earnings dates to an aCP chart

I thought I remembered that this capability was added to ACP. I see the latest Symbol Summary shows the latest earnings date but I don't see how to have the earnings historical dates on the chart. Thanks for any help in this regard.
Ed

Answers

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2023
    I looked in annotations and indicators, ACP and legacy, but no luck either. Also a support search on "earnings" doesn't bring up anything either.
  • Options
    Click the Gear icon in chart settings

Scroll down toward the bottom of that panel and check Events of interest.

On the SharpCharts platform, you can select Events in the Chart Overlays section to see the value of dividend payments when they happen, but not the earnings dates. In ACP it will just show you indications on the chart but no data.

• Options
    aha! watch and learn...
  • Options
    On SharpCharts, the Events are Dividends, Splits, and Distributions. On ACP the Events are Earnings Dates, Dividends, Splits and Pre-Defined Alerts. The Pre-Defined Alerts are basically for selected indicators and indice symbols.

The green A is a bullish alert and the red is bearish

snip of the how they look on an ACP chart. If you hover over the A, it pops up what the Pre-Defined Alert was for.