New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Scanning for stocks *minus* Bonds

I've tried to put [Type is not bonds] (instead of Stocks) but that clause does not exist.
Is there a way to scan for everything minus bonds or bonds ETF for the US AND Canadian Markets?

Comments

• Options
    PeterPan8PeterPan8
    edited April 2023
    OK, found it! For those who want to know, here is the line to add:
    and [ name NOT CONTAINS 'Bond' ]

I guess grammar is not important here, 'cause I tried "name does not contains..." The "does" was make it useless! 🙂

The minor drawback, it does include all ETF Bond Funds that don't have the word "Bond". I couldn't figure out that one... 🤔
  • Options
    In the Indexes and ETF's drop down, ETF's ALL and Add. It will default into the workbench as

and [group is ETF]

put a NOT in there and the classified as ETF's should disappear.

and [group is not ETF]
  • Options
    On the US and Canadian pick the Exchanges you would like from the Ticker Properties dropdown and Add

It will default to this

and [exchange is NYSE]

you can add multiple exchanges by adding more and putting an OR instead of AND between them so that the code is saying "I want this exchange OR that exchange". If you leave the AND, you probably won't get what you want. An example is below. Notice I added brackets around the whole requirement to make sure the scan engine treats that as a single requirement.

and [[exchange is NYSE] or [exchange is Nasdaq] or [exchange is TSE]]

And Help is always a good spot to check for 'acceptable' values and syntax options and examples.

https://support.stockcharts.com/doku.php?id=scans:reference:ticker_properties

• Options
    Good tips! Thanks! :)