New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Point and Figure Relative Strength Chart.

Hello all, first time posting here.

I am looking a way (automatically) to draw P&F RS chart via charting software or spreadsheet so I can do some back test individual sec against market index or sec against sector.

I realize this can be done easily with set of data via spread sheet, I am having trouble drawing P&F RS chart. any suggestions?

thx
Jae

Comments

• Options
    I know of no software. There are some excel spreadsheets links plugging it into google, but i don't know about if it's worth the effort and/or risk to download them when you can probably accomplish the same thing using the data and creating your own thresholds. An RS chart uses a logarithmic scale so you can easily establish when a price comparison moves up by X%, it's in a column of X. A move down by X% would be your reversal to O's. You can probably plot that on a line chart in excel pretty easily. A PnF chart is just a different visual representation of the same data.