New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

How to scan for opening price

This scan works
[type is stock] and [sma(20,volume) > 40000]
and [Open > yesterday open]

but how do I add and [yesterday open >2 days ago] and [yesterday open >3 days ago] without a error

Comments

• Options
    > 2 days ago "fill in something here" I'm assuming Open? 2 days ago Open
  • Options
    thank you for taking time to answer. I will try this
  • Options
    the scan engine doesn't know what you want to compare the current open with 2 days ago, unless you say 2 days ago open.
  • Options
    Something else to remember is the Streak Up and Streak Down function in the Technical Indicators dropdown. This will show things that have a consecutive run of whatever indicator you choose to add.

Streak Up defaults into the workbench like this:

and [Streak Up(close) > 1]

This is asking for the close to be up, at least, 2 consecutive closes. You can change close to be pretty much any indicator or field like Open, MACD(12,26,9), RSI(12) or anything you want. It's looking for consecutive streaks Up. Streak Down operates the same way except it's looking for streak downs.

In your case you are asking for the Open to be greater than the 1days ago open and the 2 days ago open and the 3 days ago open. But, for example, if you required that the open be greater than the 1 days ago open, and the 2 days ago open to be greater than the 3 days ago open, then you'd have a Streak Up(open) > 2 requirement.

There are also functions called Count Up and Count Down. Count Up defaults into the scan workbench like this:

and [Count Up(20, close) > 10]

It's asking for the number of Up closes in the last 20 days to be 11 or higher.

You can change the period of time by changing the 20 to be whatever period you want. Change the Close to be whatever indicator you want and the threshold of 10 to be your desired value.

• Options
    This will really help