New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

NEW UPDATE - HOW DO I .......

The new update moved a lot of command buttons around, requires more clicks, and is confusing to learn.

Question #1 - How do i fit more Candleglance charts on my screen? The old version had 6, but now only 5 show, with excess white borders on both sides, unused.

Comments

• Options
    5 wide ... used to be 6 wide ...
  • Options
    Agree with you about the learning curve. But, it is what it is, and it may be easier to use in the long run, once you get used to it.

I get six Candleglance charts across no matter what - my own custom style, the built in 2 months, a year, etc. But I believe you. Could be your browser. I use Firefox. Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc. may be different. I don't see a control (a button or an icon) to select a layout preference for Candleglance.

I noticed if you have a chart up from a list and select Candleglance or Summary view from the new workbench to see the list, then click on a chart/symbol from either view to take you back to the workbench, it goes to the old workbench. I think that's a glitch.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited February 3

The greatest thing since ACP!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epIdzVytVXw&t=16s

They did add a few more filtering values to the scan workbench as well. A couple in Ticker Properities and maybe a couple in Technical Indicators. They appear to have addded a new Price Relative and Inverse Price Relative filter may be interesting reading the chartschool article but we'll see.
  • Options
    Preliminary scan results appear to show that the new Price Relative appears to work with MA crosses. The PctRelative didn't. I believe that was due to the way it was calculated but.... at least we appear to have something relative strength related that is more useful in scanning. RS is an area that StockCharts was clearly deficient on, so any movement in the right direction is greatly appreciated. I'm still shocked they haven't figured out a way to include @Julius_RRG RRG Relative Strength ratio and momentum as scan filters.
  • Options
    Adding Price Relative is nothing new. We already had Percent Relative. ... You can use any variety of Percent Relative ... week, month, etc. 1 week, 39 weeks, etc. Example ...

rank by [ weekly PctRelative(1,$spx) + weekly PctRelative(2,$spx) + weekly PctRelative(3,$spx) + weekly PctRelative(3,$spx) ]
  • Options
    If I can use a MA on Price Relative it becomes something you can see on a chart to verify (to a certain extent). They did also add a couple indicators to add to your charts, but those are ACP only and they don't appear in the scan filters at the moment. I'm thinking Price Relative is a 1st step to adding RRG Relative Strength options to the scan filters. I have no idea what the > 1 means on the default scan filter.

Something I'm noticing on the Price Relative is that it needs to be the last line of the scan as it will throw up an error on the scan Syntax check that it doesn't recognize something but it doesn't mark any lines with an error in the Advanced Editor.

So it "likes" this:

But it doesn't like this:

Anyway, Price Relative is something "new" in the arsenal. It's too bad that "the team" gave up on naming the releases with a cute nickname. Camano was the end of the line.

https://stockcharts.com/articles/stockcharts/2022/12/change-is-good-whats-shaking-a-721.html

• Options
    It appears that the Price Relative is going to add more versatility to Relative Strength analysis. In the Technical Indicators Syntax library the Price Relative is shown using the capability to use min/max in a scan expression.

Example. [Price Relative(SPY) > yesterdays Daily MAX(63,Price Relative(SPY))]

I initially checked Price Relative in relation to moving averages and that appeared to work as well.

I'll have to check if using a multiplier will work also. Something like

[Price Relative(SPY) > yesterdays Daily MAX(63,Price Relative(SPY)) * 0.95]

could give you names within 5% of a 3 month RS high. Stuff like that.

The PctRelative filter sytax has been moved from the indicators to the functions page. PctRelative still works, but in a very absolute way. Also you can use $Sector and $Industry in PctRelative. You can only use actual symbols with Price Relative.

You can use PctRelative to find RS vs market or sector or industry group over a set period of time

Overall I like additional RS capabilities, even though I rarely consider it anything other than a secondary or tertiary level indicator.

https://support.stockcharts.com/doku.php?id=scans:indicators
    https://support.stockcharts.com/doku.php?id=scans:functions
  • Options
    Just an FYI, usig a Multiplier DOES NOT work. It doesn't recognize that as valid.