New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

New version -----

Too many clicks ......... Too many bugs ......... Too many inefficiencies .....
a) chart update button is at bottom, need to continually click down to it from the chart
b) settings don't stick - example, chart styles, chart lists (personal or general)
c) save chart is hidden - need to right click in the chart
d) return to dashboard is hidden - need to click on the /// top right
e) make chart changes, need to hit apply
f) I hate that green "saved successfully" notice always popping up
g) "leave" notice pops up asking to stay or leave

This is basic screen maneuvering .... I would have hoped this was worked out in beta testing.

I can only imagine how GOOD this SharpCharts would be now, if they took all that programming time spent on ACP (and little used features like options, etc.) and devoted it here ....

Comments

• Options
    I haven't ventured into the "future" of SharpCharts" except in the beta testing environment. I believe there is a return to Classic workbench somewhere on there. I think it was under the "More Tools" button. I think that their intention is to pull more of the dashboard into that new workbench somehow.

To get back to the dashboard, I just click on the
    StockCharts icon in the upper left. That's the same way I get out of ACP.

Something I've noticed today is that the system is noticably slower and there are bugs / anomolies showing up in my processes. I'm not "using" any of the new stuff.

An example. I often use the CandleGlance view and use the PnF chart option. Today I'm getting intermittent mixing of the PnF chart and some mutant style in my views.

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited February 6
    Up at the top of the homepage is a way to set your default workbench. Classic is the Coke you grew up with.

Dave Keller mentioned that the new is taking a little longer to load but they are working on that.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited February 7
    If you have chartlist that you use the Number in Sorted order, it's taking the new platform some time to add the numbering. Very slow. When you go to remove the numbering, you can actually watch as it removes the numbers line by line. You also have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list for it to actually complete the process. Copying and Merging List is also dreadfully slow.
  • Options
    There are lots of little things that need fixing / improving. As of now, I cannot see that the new version is better than the old one. Likely the underlying software platform is, for where the want to go, but for me using it only as a tool to accomplish something else, it's somewhat frustrating.

For example, each and every time I log on, I have to reset that blue button to new version, reset my chart style settings to mine, etc. Dave Keller's screen has a chart style setting at the center top, but I only have one, and it's deep left near the bottom - chart style library. NOT at the top where Dave's is.
  • Options
    If you have chartlist that you use the Number in Sorted order, it's taking the new platform some time to add the numbering. Very slow. When you go to remove the numbering, you can actually watch as it removes the numbers line by line. You also have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list for it to actually complete the process. Copying and Merging List is also dreadfully slow.

A further observation on the Number in Sorted Order. In the old Sharpcharts platform, if you sorted the chartlist and applied numbers to sort and then resorted and renumbered in sorted order, you would get a new set of numbers in front of the old set of numbers in the name field of the symbol.

So you could sort and re-sort and re-sort and it would keep the older numbering.

The "new" Sharpcharts doesn't allow this. If you Sort in Numbered Order, it removes any old numbers and replaces them with current sort number. Still takes forever and I think you have to scroll to the top of the list to get it to start after you clicked the button on the bottom, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'm not making any suggestions to StockCharts for a little while to see how they address the speed issues. Hopefully they are working on that.