New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

limit number of results

Can I add a line maybe at end of scan to limit the number results.
Say a do a pctchange scan for a time frame, but only want the top 50.
So at end of scan. I would do..

rank by pctchange
(limit to 50) <-----How ?

Comments

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited March 17
    You could use the rank by to show the pctchange. Count down the listed results to #50 and see the pctchange value. Then change your original scan to add a line for the pctchange to be greater than or equal to that "top 50" 50th pctchange, and run it again.

and [PctChange(10,close) >= the 50th in the the top 50 pctchange value]

The only way that I know to limit the number of securities that a scan result shows, is by restricting or expanding your scan line requirements.

Make sure you comment out the added line when you save your scan.
  • Options
    Thanks. That's what I've been doing. kind of a pain because I was trying to do this for different time frames.I wanted to see the strongest stocks in different time frames 1,3,6,9,12 months and take maybe the top 50 in each and make that my biggest movers list to watch.
    I wanted to make one scan where I could just change time frame.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Here's a thought. Don't know if this helps your process but, if you put the results of your scan into a chartlist, one of the chartlist options is the Performance View. This displays the chartlist with a bunch of performance period columns available.

Some of the ones you mention are there. The columns are sortable by clicking on the headers. Although you can't export it, you can copy and paste it into a spreadsheet to further refine for your analysis.

If they get the Import Symbols from CSV fixed, you would then be able to save that spreadsheet in a CSV format and import it into an existing chartlist. I've been waiting on that import function to be fixed. I use it all the time, and not having it for a month now has been disruptive to my use of the system.

As I write this response to you, I just checked the import and it appears that they just fixed it. I haven't "tested" it but it looks like it did before. So...that's an option that you might consider.

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    UPDATED: Tested the Import chartlist. Not fixed on Firefox. Appears to be fixed on Chrome.
  • Options
    thanks for help