New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

price indicator same scale

I want to add a Price Indicator, and I know how to do that, but I would like it to adopt the same scale as the primary charted symbol. Specifically, I am charting $GOLD, and I have a User-Defined Index that is something like $GOLD.

When I add the Price as an indicator, it scales proportionately from its initial value.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    I have no real depth of experience User-Defined indexes but what happens if you put comma log after the parameter.

The example below shows the QQQ added twice. Default scaling is arithmetic. Adding comma log changes the scale to logarithmic.

The chart will always display based on the range of the chart and the available data points. If you use a price performance indicator, the performance is from the 1st bar on the chart to the last. Change the range and the performance number adjusts to the new period. Or let's say you have a IPO and have a 200 dma on the chart. If the stock hasn't traded 200 days, there is not 200 dma showing. If it's traded 300 days then the 200 dma starts to display on the chart after the 200 days.

Don't know if this helps or answers your question.
  • Options
    Thanks. Doing the Log scale helps, but I'd really like to be able to know the two lines are on the same scale, assuming they are different data streams.

Appreciate your effort. Great response, especially the chart added.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    On the price chart overlays there is an option in the dropdowns for Price (same scale). You can fill in a symbol there. User Defined Index works there as another option perhaps.

The comma log on the symbol does NOT work there.

@myindex works on an RRG chart also.
  • Options
    I was just going to say that too. I asked tech help at Stockcharts, and they answered quickly. I knew I had seen it before, but could not recall where.