New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scan question, Slow Stochastic

sfeidsfeid
edited August 2014 in Scanning
Can anyone help me develop a simple scan as follows;
I want to see any stock where the slow stochastic (5,1 setting) breaks above 20 ( it has been below), and the same where it has been >80 and is breaking 80... any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• Here is something to try. This scan returns both at the same time. If you use the intraday setting then change the 2 in "2 days ago" to 1. Also, Slow Stoch is set to remain below or above 20 or 80 for the three previous days (to address your "it has been below/above" comment above). You can adjust this to your liking. Using %K or %D should not matter since the second parameter is 1. Correct me if I am wrong with anything. I believe this is what Ms. Klien uses:

[type = stock] and [country = US] AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 40000]

and [[[Daily Slow Stoch %K(5,1) x 20.0] and [2 days ago Max(3,Daily Slow Stoch %K(5,1)) < 20.0]] or [[80.0 x Daily Slow Stoch %K(5,1)] and [2 days ago Min(3,Daily Slow Stoch %K(5,1)) > 80.0]]]