New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

how can i scan for not in watchlist

how can i scan for stocks that is not in my watchlist.
for eg i want to get stocks that meets all the other criteria and its not in my favorite list 66
[TYPE = STOCK] AND [DAILY SMA(20,DAILY VOLUME) >400000] AND [MONTHLY RANGE = MONTHLY MAX(7, MONTHLY RANGE)] AND [[EXCHANGE IS NASDAQ] OR [EXCHANGE IS AMEX] OR [EXCHANGE IS NYSE]] AND [DAILY SMA(20,DAILY CLOSE) > .5] AND [FAVORITES LIST != 66]

Comments

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    [FAVORITES LIST != 66]
    or
    [
    [TYPE = STOCK] AND [DAILY SMA(20,DAILY VOLUME) >400000]
    AND [[EXCHANGE IS NASDAQ] OR [EXCHANGE IS AMEX] OR [EXCHANGE IS NYSE]]
    ]

AND [MONTHLY RANGE = MONTHLY MAX(7, MONTHLY RANGE)] AND [DAILY SMA(20,DAILY CLOSE) > .5]
  • I don't see anything wrong with the original scan. Does it work?

If not, how did you add the favorites list criteria to the scan? If you typed it in, the scan engine may not recognize it - this has happened to me. Instead, select the list from the Chartlist drop down and add it to the scan and edit the operator - try "is not" if "!=" doesn't work.

Also, lmkwin's order is better - favorites list at the top. However, I would change his "or" to "and". If you say "or", the scan should pick up EVERYTHING not in the favorites list.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I could be incorrect but I think the AND would make the "List" have to meet the 2nd set of requirements. There may be Foreign Stocks or ETF's or Mutual Funds or low volume securities in the "List", that would then be excluded from the last line of the scan because they couldn't pass the 2nd line of requirements.
  • As I understand it, he does not want the scan to return anything in the list (because his favorites operator "!=" , not "=")
  • nope. my scan does not work. it brings in duplicates daily. basically i want to filter out monthly moves that is not in my favorites.
  • the working answer is as follows. to use a "IS NOT"
    [type = stock]
    and [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) >400000]
    and [monthly range = monthly max(7, monthly range)]
    and [[exchange is Nasdaq] or [exchange is AMEX] OR [exchange is NYSE]]
    and [Daily SMA(20,Daily Close) > .5]

and [FAVORITES LIST IS NOT 66]// US_increaesd_monthlyRange
  • I've had trouble with the "!=" operator, too. "is not" works better.