New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

MA crossover on weekly and monthly chart

Hi everyone

This forum is great and I have received some helpful tips here on scanning. Thanks for the help.

The 3 EMAs that I am interested are : EMA (10,high), EMA(10,low), EMA (5,-2). I want to write a scan where EMA (5,-2) crosses up EMA(10,low). I like to scan this on both weekly and monthly chart. I am not very experienced writing scan code. If anyone can guide me through the steps, I appreciate you taking the time. Thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    I tried, but I can't make it work.

I thought it would be

and [2 days ago ema(5, close) x ema(10, low)]

but the results don't seem to fit, whether using a regular ema 5 or a displaced ema 5 on the chart.

Sorry.
  • Options
    Yes, the displaced ema (5,-2) doesnt seem to work. It generated no result. Not sure why. I will post if I find any solution. Thanks, markd
  • Options
    Sometimes, parameters for different functions aren't documented, so it's possible there is something like ema(5, close, -2), or ema(5, -2, close). You would have to play with it and see what happens.