New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Writing scan for stocks with close and open in upper portion of range

Hello, I would like help creating a scan that will show me only stocks that have the daily open and close in the upper range. i.e. between 75-100% of the range. Essentially a hammer, but I want to learn the exact coding for this so i can play around with values i.e. 75% or 80% or 90% etc. Thank you.

Best Answer

• markdmarkd mod
    Answer ✓
    The open and close would above the low plus three quarters of the range (range * .75). Range is high - low (meaning high and low made during the trading session - it does not use the previous close in case of a gap).

So:

and [close > low + [range * .75]]
    and [open > low + [range * .75]]

Note that brackets [ ] are used instead of parentheses ( ) in scan code. That's because parentheses are reserved for use in functions like "sma(10, close)" or "MACD Line(12,21,9)".

Answers

• Thank you so much. This is exactly what i needed. Now i know where i can come for some more help. I didnt even know this S.C.A.N. existed. This is great!!!