New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

CMF

I am trying to write the code to catch when the CMF flips from green to red, but i got 0 hits.
What did i do wrong?
Best Mark

[type is stock]
and [market cap > 300]
and [Volume > 150000]
and [sma(60,volume) > 500000]

and [country is not india]
and [exchange is NOT NSE]

and [CMF(20) > 0.0]
//AND [Daily CMF(20) crosses 0]

Comments

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    what happens if you run it on prior periods using the starting date calendar at the top of the workbench? Also try knocking down your volume to see if you pick up anything.

In the predefined scans section, they show 0's in the stocks showing on the CMF predefined scan. for yesterday on the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ
  • Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited June 2021
    agree with lmkwin. You could eliminate the "and [Volume > 150000]" unless you have a specific reason for it. The average volume condition should be enough. Also, it should be enough to say exchange is not NSE and skip country is not India, although I think it would be better to specify exactly which exchanges you do want (using an "or" statement). Also, the "crosses" operator will be more efficient in the long run.

Finally, when writing a new scan, it's easier to specify a "group", like sp500, so you have a known set of stocks to work with. That way, you know you are dealing with stocks that actually exist. Then, once the scan works, modify it for what you actually want to trade.

And, as lmkwin say, run the scan for several past dates, especially if you are getting no results. If you keep getting no results, find a chart example in the "group" you specified and run the scan for that date. If you still get no results, there's something wrong with the scan, or, you are not scanning for what you think you are scanning for.