New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

ACP - TTM Squeeze

I looking for the formula of the momentum Indicator of the TTM Squeeze in the ACP ( the blue and red bar). I would like to do a scan when the blue bar crosses above zero.

Best Answer

• markdmarkd mod
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    The Chart School article on TTM is here:

https://school.stockcharts.com/doku.php?id=technical_indicators:ttm_squeeze

You could scan for Keltner channels vs. Bollinger bands, and the Donchian midline and SMA, but I don't think you can calculate the linear regression of the "delta" (the differences) between the midline and the SMA inside a scan.

Maybe someone else (a member here) has an alternative, or reasonable approximation already worked out?

Answers

• Thank You for your help
  • If I had to guess, the "momentum" bars appear to be based on the middle channel lines. The Keltner is EMA and the Bollinger band is SMA. Although you can customize the parameters, they both default to 20.
  • Yes, I didn't notice that until now. That is right. A scan would almost be like a crossing of the EMA and SMA. That would mean that price has resume upward, at least for the moment.
  • I posted a TTM Squeeze code on a different thread. Put TTM Squeeze in the Search box on this forum to locate it.