New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

scan

so I have a real simple scan but it doesn't work
[type=stock]
And[volume >550000]
and [country is USA] AND [CLOSE <.10]And [CLOSE >.0001]
and [Group is not etf ]
and [outstanding shares <50000000]
No matter what I change the os to it comes up empty. If I rise the price to say 15.00 it works.
If I take out the os I get 350 stocks some with lower os than what I had in the scan.
Can anyone help?

Comments

• If you are getting 0 results, that doesn't mean the scan isn't working. It means there are no symbols that match your conditions. Given the somewhat unusual conditions you are requesting, I don't think that's really a surprise.

I'm not sure it would make a difference, but I think it should be country is US, not country is USA.

• [type=stock]
    And[volume >550000]
    and [Group is not etf ]

This passes syntax check.

You are asking for less than 50000000 shares. I'd be concerned if you were getting some that were HIGHER in the results.

When I run it just now I get 361 results

If you are concerned about a specific criteria, the best way I can think of to "check" it is to add a rank by statement as the last line of the code.

rank by [outstanding shares]

will put the values of outstanding share as the last column of the results.
  • arc If I take out the os I get 350 stocks some with lower os than what I had in the scan. What is unusual about the scan? again No matter what I change the os to it comes up empty
  • mkwin I'd be concerned if you were getting some that were HIGHER in the results.

Thats what I'm saying, they are all higher if I rise the price. Some show up lower but very few.

• Please don't let me waste your time if you think this scan isn't worth running as you guys have always been so helpful . thxs no reply's necessary.
  • running the original scan and adding the rank by I suggested I get FPVD as the 1st result. The last 22 results all have 0.00 in the shares outstanding.

changing it to 15.00

[type=stock]
    And[volume >550000]
    and [country is USA] AND [CLOSE <15.00]And [CLOSE >.0001]
    and [Group is not etf ]

I get 1603 results. FPVD listed 1st again.

• yes I should have explained to Mark it wasn't the simplicity of the scan I was trying to emphasize.
    My point was no matter what size os I put in it wouldn't work until I increased the share price. I didn't and don't understand why that is.
  • "it wouldn't work until I increased the share price."

So that suggests there are no symbols in the share price range you requested that meet all your conditions.

(and it was the share price range in your original scan that I thought was unusual - less than 10 cents.)

Maybe it would help to request the share price range and rank by outstanding shares to see what that price universe looks like. Something like:

[country is US]

AND [CLOSE <.10] And [CLOSE >.0001]

rank by outstanding shares

Then add conditions to see which ones (singly or in combination) knock the total down to zero.

• So that suggests there are no symbols in the share price range you requested that meet all your conditions.

But thats my problem, when I check otc markets there are stocks that meet the criteria. when I look at the list that show up some have less os than my scan asks.
    I'm trying to find out why it doesn't work.
  • still doesn't work? I copied your code from this thread and got results when I ran it. Try that. Copy the code from this thread and run it in a new scan. Maybe some hidden character in your saved scan it doesn't like?

[type=stock]
    And[volume >550000]
    and [Group is not etf ]
  • thanks all please don't waste anymore time on it as its not really an issue. thxs again for all the help.