New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Stochastic Close or Full Help

Hi all,

I have been working on a Scan to pick a stock from my chart list for 125,5,1 SMA-125 smoothing 5 Day. I am not getting the accurate results when I look at the charts that come up.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2022
    I don't think I understand exactly what condition you are looking for.

Can you share the relevant scan code (working or not) , with a "plain english" explanation of the condition(s) it is supposed to find?

A screen shot of a chart from your list that illustrates the condition occurring would be great, too (but not essential if you have a problem uploading it).
  • Hello Mark, I am reworking on all of my scans

Here is an example of what works but I want to add more parameters
    [favorites list is 14] // 0201 Trend List
    and [Full Stoch %K(125,5,1) > 60.0]

I want to be able to to capture:
    StochClose (125,5,1) Between >=45 and <=59

Planning on working on this over the weekend. I love the new features
  • It appears that "StochClose" is not available in the scan engine. If something is not listed in the drop downs under the scan writing window, you can't scan for it (although, I suppose it's possible there might sometimes be a lag between introduction of a new indicator and an update to the dropdowns, but that doesn't seem to be the case here - the advanced editor should auto-complete any existing term, and it doesn't for StochClose).

But, if %K is an acceptable substitute, you would have one line for each condition:

and [Full Stoch %K(125,5,1) >=45]
    and [Full Stoch %K(125,5,1) <=59]
  • Mark, Yes and thank you