New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

KST Near Cross Scan

I've read everything I can here about how to write a near cross indicator scan......and have tried to copy that format and language to write a simple little scan to find stuff where KST is close to crossing over, and it has eluded me.......If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.......

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited June 2022
    These lines account for two situations - rising KST, Signal about to cross below it, and then falling KST, Signal about to cross above it.

// Scan 1 - Signal about to cross below rising KST

// KST rising
    and [KST > 10 days ago KST] // you can change the 10 to another value

// KST Signal close to, but still above KST
    and [KST Signal < KST * 1.01] // Signal within 1% of KST; you change the 1.01 to another value - 1.05, 1.10, whatever works
    and [KST Signal > KST] // Signal is still above KST

// Scan 2 - Signal about to cross above falling KST

// KST falling
    and [KST < 10 days ago KST]

// KST Signal close to but still below KST
    and [KST Signal > KST *.99] // Signal within 1% of KST; you change the .99 to .95, .90, again whatever works
    and [KST Signal < KST] // Signal still below KST
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    An issue I have with the KST is that you can set all sorts of variables in the indicator on the chart, but you have no such option on the scan. So you are stuck with "default" settings on the scan or alert, but not on the chart.

So it's sort of like using a Predefined Scan but without the option to modify the parameters. They created a bunch of predefined scans based on default parameters. You can actually add the code into your scan or alert using the dropdown in the workbench for Predefined Scans. This is a good timesaver.

• Options
    Thanks, I appreciate it.........