New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Is it possible to change the PnF parameters on your Stockcharts Alerts?

I believe ( but, I am not sure ) that, when you have a PnF alert, you are given the results from the "Traditional" PnF parameters.

Can your Alert be configured to give you the "Percentage" or the "User Defined" parameters?

Answers

• I believe that the system only recognizes traditional scale patterns and prices.

Maybe shoot the question over to Support at StockCharts.com for a definitive answer.

• I did ask the question, but have not received a response. I'll ask again.

Do you use the Traditional, Percentage or ATR, Chart Scaling Method for getting in and out of stocks?
  • Personally, I use the Traditional scale, Daily High/Low for identifying a pattern that I follow called a Dynamic CSS Pattern. I will then make "decisions" by consulting the % scaling charts. I usually use 3%x2 or 3.5x2 and both High/Low and Close Only. Close Only is a tremendous noise reducer.

ATR scaling is an interesting idea as it allows current volatility to be considered to a certain degree, but I don't use it as it distorts the appearance of the overall chart. I find adding SMA lines is a better way for me to see when things are moving up or down in an extreme manner or not.

• StockCharts ChartSchool did not have any information or explanation of the Dynamic CSS Pattern.

Is there a good resource to get a handle on this concept?

Thanks.
  • If you type in Dynamic CSS Pattern in the Search box on this forum, it should come up with a few threads where I discussed it. If you have questions after reading them, please ask. I enjoy talking PnF.

• Many Thanks, Imkwin!

Do you still maintain your Public Chartlists on Scan.Stockcharts?
  • @SCAlchemist, yes I do.