New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

A Question about slope

Hi there
1. What does the &gt mean in this clause? i came across it while looking for help! and [ Slope(200, sma(200,close)) > 0 ]

2. Can i have help with a scan: I want to scan for stocks crossing up with MACD against the SPY, not just normal cross, but crossing up relative to another security. Can you help?

Best regards
Mark

Comments

• 1 I don't see where &gt shows up in the Slope clause.

2 I don't know what you mean by "relative to another security". MACD is calculated from the closing prices of a single security. If yo wanted something like a MACD of differences between two securities, you would have to calculate that on a spreadsheet from downloaded data to make a user-defined index (UDI), then upload it. Pretty complicated and time consuming.
  • The &gt: is a bug in the search window that translates the > symbol to &gt:. You'll note that the &gt doesn't appear in the actual posting in the forum, only the search results.