New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Generating a list of next earnings reports for a chart list

So I have a list of 60 stocks and I would like to generate a matching list of the dates of the next earnings reports. Anyone know how?
Thanks

Comments

• As far as I know you can't do it as a report (at least not yet). I don't see any items in the drop downs on the advanced scan workbench that refer to earnings date.

But, the new "Symbol Summary" feature does show the last and next earnings date for a symbol. The next earnings date is sometimes followed by as series of letters in parenthesis, e.g. 4/20/2020 (AMC). No idea what the letters represent. Some data services guesstimate the "next earnings date" based on past dates, .e.g. second Tuesday of first month after the quarter closes, then update the guess when the company actually announces the next earnings date. So (AMC) may be the source of the guesstimate.

So, you could update the names of the charts in your chart list with the (guesstimated) earnings dates , e.g. 2020 04 20 IBM and the charts would sort by earnings date. A bit of work, but as far as I know, the closest thing to what you want.
  • AMC stands for after the market close and BMO represents before the market open.
  • problem solved! Tx @lmkwin
  • it would be nice if stockcharts had that as a scan option since most stocks tend to run up into the earnings announcement. FINVIZ's free screen will let you do a crude scan based on what stocks report earnings that month, as long as you set the criteria and get the list down. you can copy the list and paste it into excel then manipulate the data. I use the financial view. it lists the earnings date. it is a little bit of work, but it does get you what you want. it would be easier if i was a FINVIZ member. i could just export the list to excel. But , hey we do what we must.
  • @nealccs7 You could submit this suggestion to Support, along with a link to this post (the URL at the top of your browser page) to show there is interest in this feature.

If you are reading this, and would like to see this feature, contact Support as well. You will get a form letter kind of response, but they do pay attention to what subscribers are thinking. More popular requests are more likely to get consideration.