New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

i get only 1 intraday alert

Hello, i hope somebody can help me, my service level is Extra.

I set an advanced alert:

[[today's high - close] / today's high > 0.2]
and [Volume * close > 99,999] and [ close > 0.2 ] and [type=stock]

so it should send me alerts every time a stock goes down 20% from the day high. And i set the alert to: continuously all day and automatically continue alert via email (NOT pause)

But i get only 1 time an alert in the morning even though later more stocks fit the criteria - that i can see when i run this setup as a scan for example

Why do i only get 1 email alert although it should send more alerts with other stocks continuously all day?

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited March 2021
    I'm just guessing, because I don't use alerts, but your scan doesn't specify what stocks to look at. I'm guessing alerts don't accommodate all stocks on all exchanges by default - it may take up too much processing time and generate too much traffic, and more than the user could use. Again, I'm guessing.

Try it with different universes - [group is sp500], or maybe [group is EnergySector], or select a favorites list, etc., or, maybe [exchange is NASD]

The universe statement should be the first line of your scan so it will run more efficiently.

Also, does [close > 0.2] mean close less than 20 cents? No problem if it does, just checking.

• Options

Helpful Link on how Alerts are processed. Also, in the Alerts Processing section is a link to Scan Speed, and how to create your scans and alerts in a processing efficient manner.

https://support.stockcharts.com/doku.php?id=alerts#alert_processing