New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Alerts

I didn't see a category for Alerts but I'll ask anyway. Today, I tried to set up some alerts for my scans. I set them up twice, once to recieve the alert via text message and as a back up, once again via an email. I have already received two alerts today but I only received the text alerts and did not receive an alert via email even though it says that it did alert me via email. Any idea why I didn't get both email and text alerts?

Comments

• I don't have any set up with a dual delivery. Mine are all set to via Email so I have no exposure to the SMS notifications. That sounds like a request to StockCharts.com support. Hopefully you get an answer.
  • I have asked them but they don't respond to anything any longer. Or, maybe something is wrong with my email. Anyway, thanks again.
  • @dhall6938 Check your Junk folder in your email. Some email providers can be arbitrary in what gets classified as junk.
  • I have checked it and have made sure that they have the correct email address, thanks
  • I get hit and miss on the support inquiries. I think it depends on the luck of the draw as to who is looking at the inquiry and what it is about. They have mostly new staff. I have no idea how big support staff is or how many inquiries they get.
  • Can I ask, how timely are your emailed alerts? Would you happen to know if they are sent within minutes of your scan picking a symbol every time, or maybe it's a little hit and miss from time to time?
  • I get a batch in the AM beginning of the trading day and a batch in the PM after the close. I don't get any during the trading day but I don't have any set to run hourly. I'm not a trader so not too concerned with pinpointing anything. I make my decisions using point and figure charts and also will review weekly and monthly sharpcharts.
  • My signals are EOD only because they don't provide inter day services or lower time frame scanning. I have learned this year that long entries work very well if I enter them during the day but my sell signals don't work very well at all if I act before the close. I have to take profits right after the close and entering a short signal is the same way. Price seems to jump up right at the close too often to trust a sell signal before the close. It's very hard to wait until the next day open because it almost always gaps against me. Still wrestling with a reliable and easy way to sell.
  • I should have gotten another email Alert this morning. It says that it alerted me two minutes after the open but I didn't get the email. I have checked my hunk folder and my email address. I have also written to SC but they have stopped all communications with me a long time ago. Would you fellas know how I might be able to find out why it's not working when SC won't respond?
  • If you have a second email address, change your email destination in SC and see if it makes a difference.
  • Thanks, I don't have another address. Maybe I'll create a new address and see. I have written to them again, we'll see I guess