New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

This is the year!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    he was a Statistics professor though Certainly not Ethics
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    The SharpCharts changes are sprinkled in, with the majority of ones of importance to me after the 32 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE1wcjYtKog

Anyone on this board use Market Carpet? Huge feature changes on Market Carpet. HUGE changes coming to SharpCharts.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    He covers their ideas for what is to come. Skip ahead to the 14/15 minute mark to save yourself some blather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou8j8ZhlRiI
  • Options
    Pretty good!

This old dog will have to learn some new tricks. But the improvements should make market reviews much easier.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    A weird transition in Chip's email

"Improvements and innovation will always remain StockCharts mission, but the reality is that global economic factors and record inflation have hit us hard. We have worked hard to keep prices the same for as long as possible, but after careful consideration, we are making the difficult decision to raise our prices.

Starting on August 1st, 2023, our Basic and Extra service levels will see a $5 monthly increase, and our Pro service level will see a $10 monthly increase."

"global economic factors"
    In other words, our investment in creating ACP cost us a lot more than we thought it would and for those of you that don't use it, thank you for continuing to subsidize it so we can continue to NOT improve SharpCharts, nor fix the long incorrect display on the PnF charts. We also spent a lot on a new marketing division. Oh, and the new programmers can't work within the existing Sharpcharts platform so they are going to recreate it to be more ACP like. Also Julius wants to transform the Market Carpets display and we have to appease him. But now you have Forex and Crypto data!!!. That's why we need to raise prices.

StockCharts.com subcription value is still a deal, in my opinion, but their costs have got nothing to do with global economic factors or record inflation other than their ACP folly cost them more, has limited benefits to most SC users, and they can't stop rolling down that hill.

Check out the "technology previews". They are going to change everything making a simple mouse click possibly mess up a lot. They will be hiding things, or grouping / moving things into different areas. I hope that they won't touch candleglance. I really hope they don't. There are two things that set StockCharts apart, in my opinion. Chartlist View (10 per page) and CandleGlance view. The scanner is a little more flexible than others but it's also got issues, mostly where it doesn't deal effectively with Relative Strength.

I guess I'm a little ticked at a poorly worded rate hike announcement. I don't view the last 4 HUGE "site wide" releases as improvements to anything I use. Sure they changed the limits on chartlists and Alerts, but I was fine witht the old limits. I wasn't clamoring for a 900 symbol chartlist. What would be nice is if they added more Indexes to the scan engine, or fixed the PnF charts. My guess is that they either can't or won't. I'm in the can't camp.

Venting over.... for now. Looking back over many of my posts on here, I guess this is my venting thread.

Yes!!! This is the year!!!
  • Options
    I'm guessing ACP was supposed to attract new subcribers and maybe its not doing that.

But the updates to the Sharpcharts workbench are pretty good, and it does work much faster. The changes are cosmetic, mostly, rather than totally new, but usability is much better. Also, the side bar list view in the updated Sharpchart example is GREAT. I'm less excited about the new chart style possibilities because I like my own chartstyles and I want to keep them. But since my lists are mostly by industry, it's great to be able to see the thumbnails, which are sortable by performance over some time period giving a picture of the entire industry. And you can click on any thumbnail to see the full size chart (which is an improvement on candleglance, at least for bar charts). I'm just hoping that feature will work with my own styles.

I was never a fan of market carpets, so I'm neutral on those changes.

I'm also guessing that the cost increase (in addition to the reasons you suggest) is due to 1 - rising fees from existing data vendors, and 2 - additional costs for new data - earnings, fundamental, company profiles.
  • Options
    I bought another year - now paid up thru 2027. That's my vote. ... Yes, ACP seems like a waste. I'd guess only 10% use it. Why learn two totally different programs? ... A gallon of paint used to cost $10, now $50, so there is an inflation component to their price increase - higher medical costs, higher programmer salaries, higher vendor data fees, etc. I wish there would be a little less repackaging and rearranging and more new features, but it's hard to please everyone. Sad to see lingering errors like the huge PnF chart in the Gallery View. GV has so much potential but it just sits there not used by most.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    @azb There is a way to get a chartlist to look like a "gallery view" to a certain extent, to get the chartstyles you want to see and not see the ones you don't. All you need is two chartlists. Let's call them 1 and 2. The Master list is 1 and 2 is empty.

Apply the style you like to see 1st in your "GV" to list 1. Go to Edit and Copy list 1 to list 2. Then apply the style you like to see 2nd in your "GV" to list 1. Go to Edit and Copy list 1 to list 2. If you have a 3rd GV style you want to see, apply it to list 1. Go to Edit and Copy list 1 to list 2.

Now in list 2 you will have all YOUR GV chartstyles aligned to see in Chartlist View. IF you use 3 "GV" styles, it will require going to the next page to see some as only 10 per page show. Using 2 styles is sweet though.

Your Symbol Names will have a number at the end of the NAME that signifies that it is the 2nd copy or the 3rd copy or the 4th copy in list 2

Apple
    Apple 2
    Apple 3
    Apple 4
    etc.

I use this to put my preferred Weekly Chartstyle and my PnF chart one after the other. So in my list 1 I apply the Weekly style and COPY to list 2. Then I apply my PnF chart to list 1 and COPY to list 2.

Oh, by the way, it doesn't appear that this method is supported at the moment in the New 3.0 setup.

As far as 'costs' increasing, yes, if you hire a bunch of people to create an entirely new platform (ACP) and a new marketing department, your costs are going to be higher. I don't mind Price Increases but to spring a 20-25% increase on existing users could have been more eloquent. It's almost like they are holding the SharpChart changes hostage.

When I mentioned a poorly placed mouse click in 3.0 can change a lot without intending to, for example, the trashcan is pretty close to the dropdown. Ooops, I wanted to change the opacity and now it is gone. Oh well, I hope I don't misclick and save this new style.

Or this nifty new feature where you have to click on the 3 dots to see what used to be a set of links.

So, click on the dots, and navigate to the thing you want is what 3.0 is all about. Hiding things, moving things, changing user engagement practices.... All for a higher price because....global economic conditions.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    The 3 dots setup is active now in the current configuration on the Scan results and Alerts results pages.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    "SEVEN NEW tools in ACP. Now there are kind of some duplicates in the group so it's really more like four new indicators, but, as you are gonna see, these things are very very cool....."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3XghhYgGMk&list=PLyNJu-3PikrSmtsKugnLYrnFTRlpyPDP6&index=1
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Want to see the indicator? Click around in that cool window to change it, or maximize it so you can see it. It's really cool and nice and easy.

* image enlarged for display purposes. actual indicator box is less than half this size

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    By the way, the "Sale" going on right now, you can sign up or extend as many times as you would like. So if you want 2 years, do the 12 month + 2 free twice for a total of 28 months.
  • Options
    good to know ... unfortunately, I renewed so many times in the past that I will expire before my subscription does.
  • Options
    @azb - thanks for the laugh!
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    New ACP Plug-Ins available.

We already determined on this board that the Real Motion is basically a PPO with SMA's and Bollinger Bands on it. 500 bucks.
    https://stockcharts.com/marketplace/acp/marketgauge-realmotion.html

The Opening Range is Preset time range chart templates A one month and a six month are the ones you get. And a special "Opening Range indicator providing insights into the future. 500 bucks.
    https://stockcharts.com/marketplace/acp/marketgauge-opening-range.html

Triple Play I have no desire to figure out. 500 bucks
    https://stockcharts.com/marketplace/acp/marketgauge-price-performance.html

Larry Williams still has the highest priced Plug In at 795 bucks.
    StockCharts is pushing that one in a series of articles/blog posts
    https://stockcharts.com/articles/chartwatchers/2023/09/timing-the-market-with-the-wil-227.html

WilTrend is very similar to a Chandelier Exit. In fact I can make my chart

with these chart settings

look very similar to the WilTrend with no added cost.

• Options
    Amazing. Thanks for this good work.
  • Options
    @azb, the nice thing about my version(s) is that you don't have to go into ACP, or spend more money, to use them.

As an aside, you can use many of the Plug In indicators, including some of the paid ones, in the Scan Workbench as filters. Williams Wiltrend for example.
  • Options
    29 of the MOST IMPORTANT charts straight out of his OWN PERSONAL account. I'm not watching this one but I wonder if any of them are ACP charts?

• Options
    His charts look good. Actually, I'm glad he is sharing his "system." Of course, there are millions of "trading systems" but I wish there as a way to share / discuss / learn from others regarding this. The shared chartlists are a stating point, but not really too useful. Also the guru's all share their systems to some extent, and then (of course) try to sell us something.
  • Options

Getting close to having the new SharpCharts Workbench rolled out. He covers a bunch of the navigation on this show. They added my recent suggestion about there not being the Apply ChartStyle to a list option on the new workbench. It's not as simple as current option but at least it's been added. The "load symbol only" function can be a useful option to use if you use annotations. Annotations get overwritten/ removed if you APPLY a new chartstyle to a list.

IF YOU USE SharpCharts, I highly recommend watching this one. He does a good job of not getting to far off topic. If you see something or don't see something PROVIDE FEEDBACK using their links. They've added everyone of mine into the new workbench.

Oh, and the current greatest Black Friday Week sale is coming to a close soon. Use it or lose it. It's a great deal in my opinion. You probably won't see as big of a sale until end of next year. The mid year sale is usually buy 12 get 3 free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFpYBcT2u44