New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

This is the year!!!

13»

Comments

• That's exactly how mine load. PAGE by PAGE, never all at once. .. and it takes me 18 CLICKS (ok, 18 MANUAL page scrolls) ... and 18 WAITING SPINNiNG CIRCLES ... and over a FULL MINUTE .... to load ONE chartlist.

VERY PAINFUL ... Knowing the previous system was quite functional.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    I used to call CandleGlance my favorite way to view charts in chartlists. 10 per page is now my favorite. I couldn't believe that Grayson said you know you've reached to bottom of the list when the spinning wheel no longer appears.

• markdmarkd mod
    edited April 12
    I stand corrected. Mine works the same way. Interestingly, the new "Scroll View" also does this. The old numbered format really does seem to be faster and more convenient. Auto scroll forces you to begin at the beginning and doesn't let you get to the end until you've loaded every single page. I don't use a phone or a tablet, so maybe scrolling is more convenient in that format, but I wouldn't know.

It seem if they are going to offer "scroll view" for full size charts, wouldn't it make sense to get the page number format back for candleglance? Wouldn't that keep both the "scrollers" and the "pagers" happy? (I'm assuming they made the change because some users - phone or tablet people - requested it.)
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    I wouldn't assume they had a user reason. I think they go where the development talent goes. ACP would be a good example. The ACP-like enhancements to SharpCharts is pretty obvious to me.
  • If they keep Auto Scroll, we can throw RANKING out the window. Why RANK a chartlist if you can never get to the bottom of it before dying from old age.

My PAINFUL workaround is to now have double the scans - ie - run a scan to rank from low to high, and AGAIN from high to low, so I can quickly see the extremes.

Easy money is made at the extremes, not the middle range. The middle is a muddled mix of going higher, going lower, and stalled . ... Buying and selling the extremes is much easier ... over bought, over sold, extreme high, extreme low, indicator rankings, turning up, turning down, daily turning up against weekly still down, etc.

I think the programmers are just blindly following Grayson down the dusty gravel road ...
  • I sent a note to Support commenting on the slowness of auto scroll candleglance and how it forces you to review a list in the order the pages are loaded vs. page number candleglance that loads faster and is more flexible. I also pointed out that if you click on an autoscroll chart to see the Sharpcharts version, when you click back to candleglance it has to reload all over again. I requested that they add back the page number version candleglance, not necessarily to replace autoscroll, since some people probably want it, but in addition to it.
  • markd ... good.

I am very surprised they did not think of this. I think they are just doing what Grayson tells them to do.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited June 4
    The Team snuck some new features out last week.

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Well, this weekend is very exciting for StockCharts.com. The long awaited Bainbridge release is this weekend. I'm not going to tell you why they call it Bainbridge but it's got to be clever and creative. Be sure to check out the What's New section of the website to get the latest information as it becomes available. Grayson did say that 2021 was going to be the year that they tackled some SharpCharts issues and by golly, this is the year!!

Don't 'tune in' Grayson's show from yesterday as he can only tease what is coming this weekend. Plus, the show is unnecessarily long and unwatchable and minimally informative, but... next week's show is going to have a TON of new features to cover. A TON!! Stay tuned!!